General Guidelines for Posting
Our intention and hope is that this forum will be a useful resource and a friendly place for discussion, as well as a useful resource for getting help; and we hope that you will help us keep it that way!
As you use this forum, please be respectful of other members of the community. In particular, please:
- Keep things on-topic. Please only post about things related to CAT-SOOP.
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive or abusive.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or off-topic discussion, or otherwise vandalize the forum.
In addition, to help us keep things organized, please:
- try to provide a descriptive (but concise) subject line for all messages
- try to choose an appropriate category for public posts
- use the like button when possible, rather than replying with a short message like "+1" or "I agree"
Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s certainly welcome, so long as it is done politely and in a way that moves the conversation forward. Always remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:
- Ad hominem attacks
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
- Knee-jerk contradiction
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.
Flagging Inappropriate Behavior
While we certainly hope that it does not happen, if you do see inappropriate behavior in a post, you can bring it to the attention of the moderators by clicking the small "flag" icon near the bottom of the post.
In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
Powered by You
This site is operated by your the CAT-SOOP developers and you, the CAT-SOOP community. If you have any further questions or thoughts about how things should work here, open a new topic in the infrastructure category and let's discuss!